The Reed Cabins are where you will spend your first night on the hiking trail. The cabins are situated on the water's edge. The unit is made up of two cabins, each sleeping 6 hikers. There is a covered braai and seating area between the two cabins. Washing up and ablution facilities are located behind the cabins.
Over the years Medbury Cottage has been the home to Trek Boers, hay, packing citrus, sheltering sheep and housing farm staff until it was restored as the second overnight stop on the hiking trail.
Medbury sleeps 12 hikers in 3 bedrooms. There is large barn connected to the cottage with an indoor braai, large dining area, and washing up facilities.
Facilities at the over-night accomodations
- Beds with mattresses, tables and chairs for 12 people
- Two showers with hot and cold water, two flush toilets (toilet paper provided)
- Four solar glass jar lamps
- One two-plate gas stove (gas provided)
- One kettle, three pots and one frying pan
- Braai facilities, with wood and one pair of tongs (no crockery or cutlery)
- Dishwashing facilities (sink, soap and cloth)
- Refuse bin
- Drinking water